We’re heading into the last push before the holidays, and once they are over, we tend to sit down with the last of the mince pies and set out our resolutions for the year to come. However, in the lunar calendar used by farmers for generations, the last two new moons of the year are the times when seeds are planted for the following year’s crop before the ground hardens. Tomorrow is the last new moon of the year and so a perfect opportunity to sow seeds for the future and set intentions. Here are some questions to help you to do this.Read More
We all have Inner Critics, no matter how successful we may seem on the outside. We also have deeper, wiser selves or Inner Allies. The problem is that our Inner Critics have us on speed dial, whereas we seem to have lost the number for our Inner Allies. So my gift to you is a beautiful visualisation, which I use with clients to help them to consciously connect to that deeper wiser self that knows and accepts all of you completely, and holds the attributes of wisdom, clarity, compassion and courage. How delicious to tap into that voice. The more you practice it, the stronger the connection grows.Read More
As a life coach, my diary burgeons with people caught in toxic cycles of beating themselves up. If you haven’t yet been formally introduced, then you probably recognise the voice of the inner critic. It comes in many forms – in its slippery way, not all of them obviously critical – and may run your life unless you take some conscious action.Read More
How do we regain our calm when we have been triggered? How to we create more space to think when we feel overwhelmed? Download my free audio file for a simple but powerful centering technique that dials down stress in a few seconds. It’s a basic technique I use in all my workshops and coaching that changes people’s lives.Read More
I find there's a renewed energy this time of year as we return from breaks, the weather cools enough to allow us to think, and we get that "back to school" feeling. It's the perfect time of year to take stock of your journey so far and your intentions for the future. This is key to start taking leadership of your own life: so rather than be buffeted by events and fortune, you can start to put your hands on the tiller and steer your life where you want it to go, using your values and purpose as your personal GPS.
Below are some questions that may help. Please feel free to consider just the ones that resonate with you, and to add your own.
1. What or whom have I loved this year?
2. When have I felt most alive?
3. How and when have I opened my heart?
4. What am I most proud of this year?
5. What have I explored? What have I discovered?
6. What are the lessons so far this year?
7. How am I growing?
8. What am I most grateful for?
9. How am I taking care of my body, mind, heart, spirit and soul? How might I do this more?
10. How am I being open-minded?
11. When do I feel most creative?
12. How am I teaching others to treat me?
13. How am I treating others?
14. Who do I need to forgive? Who do I need to ask for forgiveness?
15. Where am I feeling stuck?
16. Where is it time to let go?
17. What and how am I giving? What and how am I receiving?
18. How can I be compassionate to myself?
19. What are my greatest challenges? How am I approaching them?
20. How am I different this year than last?
21. What is something I have done so far this year that I believe I will remember for the rest of my life?
22. What is something that was hard for me at the start of the year, but is easier now?
23. Who has made the biggest impact in my life so far this year? Why?
24. What have I done this year that I have never done before?
25. What was the best decision I made this year so far?
26. What was the biggest risk I took?
27. What do I want to do and be more of in the second half of the year?
28. What do I want to do or be less of?
29. How am I positively influencing others this year?
30. Where have I found the most peace and calm this year?
31. When do I feel most connected to myself? To my purpose? To nature? To others?
32. What has been the most loving service I performed this year? What is the most loving service I received?
33. What was the best way I have used my time this past year?
34. What would be the best use of my time for the rest of the year?
35. What is most important to me?
36. How, where and what do I want to be by the end of the year? What will help me get there? What is my next small step?
37. How do I want to feel by the end of the year?
38. If this year is a crucial time in my soul’s journey, what is it about?
All the best
Even the highest achievers, such as Albert Einstein and Maya Angelou, suffer from this corrosive form of low self-esteem. But there are coping strategies.Read More
I think a lot about the lessons we learn in life. In 2014 my wise friend, writer, teacher and activist Frank Roberts shared his 32 life lessons for his 32 years of his life. I'd like to share them with you.Read More
As a life coach, some of the most valuable exercises I do with clients consciously connect them to their values using recollections of peak experiences. I ask clients to visualise a time when they felt really alive and to get interested in the details, asking questions to help them recall as much as possible about that moment and what made it so wonderful. Then we work from that, exploring what values were being honoured in that moment.Read More